Thursday 15 March 2012

Be careful what you wish for...?

I am so so excited to move it's unbelievable!  I don't think we will venture out as much as we do at weekends outside the front door because there will be so much to do around the house.  One of the things I am going to throw myself into is the garden.  I've never a decent sized garden before except a very shady one a couple of years ago which was so cold and miserable.  I was so inspired by Organic Blooms who supplied us with our wedding flowers that I wanted a piece of that myself and so I've been reading lots of floral blogs for inspiration and at the same time struggling to find a garden blog that's not too scary. 

Yesterday I read my daily dose of Miss Pickering who mentioned the amazing Laetitia Maklouf who has a new book out.  After my mad afternoon yesterday I spent the rest of the day pouring over the blog pages and ordered Laetitia's first book "The Virgin Gardener".  I ordered it from a certain big online book store and to my amazement it arrived this afternoon happy days! 

I enjoyed a quick read of it at the bus stop this afternoon...ahem a long read, buses round my way at the moment are taking an age to arrive (my tweets are a bit dull and moany at 5pm most days at the moment). 





So just to warn you folks there are some fun times ahead, does Caroline have green fingers?

This is my front garden at the moment...yes this book was needed!

 


As well as reading this great book I look forward to some real life learning at Jays allotment over the summer and posting up some more things on her lovely site (if she will let me ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment